Saturday, October 24, 2009

Do your grandparents have any legal rights to you children if you seperate from them (parents)?

Essentially my parents are pretty evil and I want my daughter to stay away from them as well as myself. My wife and I agree as well. We take good care of our daughter. I was wondering could my parents claim some sort of visitation rights for our daughter. Since legally they are grandparents of our daughter.
Answer:
Each state is different; contact children's services and ask
it depends on the state that you are in, but yes, most states recognize custody and visitation rights of gps. elder and grandparent law is a growing legal field as people live longer.
Grandparents rights is solely consentual in most states..If either parent objects to it, then it is a lost cause.. I speak from experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net