Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does it trouble you that the 5 conservative Supreme Court Justices are all Catholic?

Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Kennedy and Alito are now the majority. All but Kennedy are Ivy League graduates.

This certainly isn't representative of the US population which is 24% Catholic.
Answer:
It troubles me that the 5 conservative justices are overturning judicial doctrines that have been in place for decades.

It troubles me that the 5 conservative justices believe that Congress has the authority to dictate medical practices, despite the fact that its' not in their enumerated powers.

It troubles me that the 5 conservative justices believe its acceptable for a teacher to tear down a banner held by another adult on a public street, just become some students happen to be attending the same event.

It troubles me that the 5 conservative justices, including the two most recently appointed by Bush, are going to cause massive consitutional damage over the next 30 years.

No, it doesn't trouble me that they're catholic.
Nope.
I am happy with the current ideological makeup of the USSC. It is the most constructionist it has been in decades. The religious affiliations of the Justices do not concern me.

Should I assume that you are worried about a possible future ruling overturning Roe v. Wade? I am hopeful this is the case. Conservative Catholics do show a strong commitment to pro-life issues, yes.
Yes.
No, because it isn't the conservative justices who use foreign law to justify their decisions.

Since their decisions are based on sound Constitutional foundations, their religion has no part in their jurisprudence.
Does it trouble you that ANYONE in government has a religious belief?
It would trouble me a great deal more if they were Islamic. I'm not catholic but, what the hell! You think they're going to stage some kind of Catholic Coup and take over the entire U.S. and call it the United States of Vatican? Get a grip.
76% of America are Christians. You didn't mention what the other Justices affiliations were.
No.

As a practicing Roman Catholic I think it is kinda neat.

Does it trouble you that the past two Chairmen of the Federal Reserve Bank are Jewish?
What does religious preference have to do with being political?
As long as they do their job, who cares what their religion is. Really, you must have a lot of time on your hands.
I have no problem. They are the most qualified people in their, that's why they are on the court. sometimes "representative" isnt always the best way. This case is one of them.

I suppose if you want a pure representative in the court you need:
catholic
protestant
atheist
terrorist
racist
polygamist
homosexual
.etc
It doesn't concern me that they are Catholic, it concerns me they are all conservatives. Too many " same thinkers " on the supreme court is not a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net