Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does anyone know of someone who has passed the California Bar Exam on the first try?

If so, tell me about it. Is it that hard? And what's the most tries you or someone you know that has taken the California Bar Exam? I am writing an article on that topic. Thanks for your feedback.
Answer:
Nearly 50% of people pass it on the first time. I did and I came from out of state. I didn't find it much harder than Ohio's (the one I previously took) although I had to study California specific law (i.e. community property) pretty carefully. One factor in the relatively low passage rate is that CA has lower requirements for passing the exam i.e. you don't need to have attended a ABA accredited school. If you look at the passage rates for people who did, they are much higher. Not criticizing non-accredited schools, just referencing stats. Also, CA is one of only two (I think) states that allows a person to take the bar without going to law school, after an "apprenticeship" with a practicing lawyer. Again - low rates among this group as this is an incredibly hard way to learn.

Hope that helps.
about but 40% people pass on the first try. even the dean of a cali law school failed not sure which one. it is pretty hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Do you think © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net